A facelift is the most comprehensive approach to treating facial wrinkles and sagging caused by aging. The surgery varies in range from minimally invasive ‘lunchtime lifts’ to more extensive, sophisticated surgery. A facelift removes excess skin, tightens underlying tissues and muscle and redrapes skin on the face and neck. It can correct midface sagging, marionette lines, jowls and a double chin, maintaining its reputation as the ‘gold standard’ for facial rejuvenation.
- A facelift can improve many areas of the face in one surgery.
- Can last for ten years or more and can make you appear ten to fifteen years younger.
- Can recontour the neck and jawline better than all other techniques.
- But, there will be some downtime associated with this procedure.
- Depending on your age and skin type, you may want a secondary procedure later on.